Consultation on the Sixth Form College’s proposed achievement of academy status and formation of the Potteries Educational Trust
After a recently completed government review of further education in Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire, the Governors of the City of Stoke-on-Trent Sixth Form College have made the decision to apply for academy status and form the Potteries Educational Trust. Despite a proposed change in status we will remain the ‘City of Stoke-on-Trent Sixth Form College’ serving the young people of Stoke-on-Trent and Staffordshire, providing a high quality academic education.
As part of the process we will consult with students, parents, staff and stakeholders and invite them to have a say on our plans. Please see below our consultation timeline:
- Monday 6th March 2017 – Formal Consultation on the proposal begins.
- Wednesday 15th March 2017 at 4:30 pm and 7:30 pm – Consultation Meeting for Students, Parents and Carers in the College Refectory.
- Wednesday 29th March 2017 at 6:45 pm – Consultation meeting for External Stakeholders in the College Refectory.
- Friday 28th April 2017 at 5:00 pm – Consultation Window Closes.
- Thursday 31st August 2017 – Dissolution of College Corporation.
- Friday 1st September 2017 – Opening of the College as a 16-19 Academy as part of the Potteries Educational Trust.
We would welcome your feedback on our proposals and encourage you to compete the following Consultation Feedback Form.
You are also invited to submit feedback in writing to:
Potteries Educational Trust Consultation
Clerk to the Corporation
The City of Stoke-on-Trent Sixth Form College
Or via email to email@example.com
Questionnaire responses should be received by 5.00 pm on Friday 28th April 2017.