Topics you will study
- Greek Religion
- Homer’s Odyssey and Society
- Imperial Image – Emperor Augustus
- Virgil’s Aeneid
Progression Routes – What’s in it for me?
Classical Civilisation is highly valued by Universities as it is a challenging, academically rigorous subject and the subject also fosters skills which are valued by employers. Classicists can be found in a range of fields – not just teaching and museum/library work. Other areas include law, administration, the media, industry and politics.
Assessment: Awarding Body:
Exams – 100% OCR
Results 2017: 100%
- Academically challenging but fun
- Culturally enriching
- Improves communication and literacy skills
- Hones independent study skills and team work
- Lots of opportunities for discussion and debate
- Opportunities for excursions to sites and museums.
Stoke6th Graduate Attributes
How SFC will help you to boost your CV by developing your skills and qualifications…
The academic rigour of the course calls for resilience and determination to succeed. The learning activities foster teamwork and hone debating skills and development of confidence. Independent learning tasks build up skills in organisation and meeting deadlines. The subject matter encourages a celebration of cultural diversity.
What our students say…
“A unique subject with lots of scope for student interaction”