Topics you will study:
- The Odyssey
- Plus a Controlled Assessment Topic
Progression Routes – What’s in it for me?
Most students progress to higher education from which they can enter careers such as teaching, journalism, law, civil service, library and museum work and many other fields. You will build up generic skills attractive to employers.
Exams – 75%
Controlled Assessment – 25%
- An exciting mixture of literature and history
- Improves communication skills – oral and written
- Lots of opportunity for discussion and debate
- You will have an experienced and enthusiastic teacher
- Develops independent study skills
Stoke6th Graduate Attributes
How SFC will help you to boost your CV by developing your skills and qualifications…
Hones communication skills , analytical and evaluative abilities , independent learning and lifelong love of learning whilst appreciating cultural diversity .
What our students say…
“Classics is a unique subject which provides you with an opportunity to learn about historical events from the ancient world and to evaluate them.”
“This course has allowed me to develop my time management skills , communicate with others and further myself to the best of my ability.”