Topics you will study
- App Production
- Concept Art for Computer Games
- 2D Animation
- Game Engine Scripting
- Games Testing
- 3D Digital Animation
Progression Routes – What’s in it for me?
You can progress from this course directly to university, onto a Level 4 Apprenticeship or employment. This course will develop the essential skills needed for study at a higher level but also the skills needed on a diverse range of courses including Games Design, Game Development, Web Design, Graphics and 3D Animation.
- Two of the units are controlled assessment units which means that you will complete planning and practical activities under timed conditions in College using set briefs provided by Edexcel.
- The additional eight units will be assessed as coursework, marked by your teacher and verified by Edexcel
- All work has direct links to real life game and app production work.
- You will develop a variety of design, animation and scripting skills that feed directly into your own production.
- You will have opportunities to speak to and consult with industry professionals.
Stoke6th Graduate Attributes
How we will help you to boost your CV by developing your skills and qualifications…
You will learn and develop skills through the use of industry standard software and facilities, preparing you for both higher education and employment. You will study aspects of professional practice within the Gaming industry as part of the course. This will have a full understanding of the different job roles available to you in the Gaming industry, which could support you gaining employment at a junior level directly from College. The majority of your projects will be live briefs allowing you to speak directly to a client whilst exploring aspects of the production process. All projects and assignments will focus on developing your own individual skills giving you the greatest opportunity to gain employability skills including:
- Time management
- Communication skills
- Organisational skills
Additional activities such as trips, visits and guest speakers will be arranged throughout the course. These will be project and progression focused. These are optional activities and fees will be charged. Details will be available from the course leader.
What our students say…
“I have a very positive relationship with my teachers. They are approachable and I can ask them for help if it is needed. They are very motivational in lesson and encourage me to achieve .”