Topics you will study
- Typography and Typographical Design
- Graphics Materials Techniques and Processes
- Branding in Graphic Design
- Graphic Illustration
- Photography Skills
- Graphics for 3D – Packaging and Information Graphics
- Developing and Realising Creative Ideas and Intentions
- Managing a Client Brief
Progression Routes – What’s in it for me?
The creative and media industries combined make one of the fastest growing sectors in the UK economy. Employers are desperately looking for imaginative people with a broad and flexible skills base, and the BTEC Graphic Design programme will provide you with many of the appropriate professional skills suitable for progression into employment or higher education.
You can progress to careers in the graphic design industry such as Advertising, Editorial Design, Packaging Design, Photography, Corporate Design or Illustration.
Assessment: Awarding Body:
Coursework – 100% Edexcel
Results 2015: 100%
- This is a practical work-related course which you will learn by completing live projects that are based on realistic workplace situations, activities and demands.
- You will be taught how to undertake ambitious graphic tasks offering you the possibility of exploring a broad range of media, techniques and processes.
- You will be given the chance to work alongside professional practitioners and share their experiences of the graphic design industry.
- By studying this course you will develop a broad based portfolio of work suitable for progression into Higher Education or employment.
Stoke6th Graduate Attributes
How we will help you to boost your CV by developing your skills and qualifications…
This course has a strong ‘skills’ focus, developing not only your practical and creative skills, but also the employability skills essential for progression into the Creative Industries. You will complete ‘Live’ projects with an applied vocational scenario regularly working with experts from the creative industries. You will evidence and enhance the Stoke6th Graduate Attributes through their use on this course.
What our students say…
“I learn something new every day in Graphic Design.”
“We are constantly being challenged to improve work and make it more professional.”