Topics you will study
- Module 1: Criminal Courts and Processes Module
- Module 2: Civil Liberties and Human Rights Module
- Module 3: Employment Rights and Responsibilities Module
- Module 4: Consumer Rights and Responsibilities
Progression Routes – What’s in it for me?
GCSE Law is an ideal preparation for those who aspire to study Law at a higher level. Students who complete GCSE Law can progress onto BTEC Applied Law or A Level Law.
Assessment: Awarding Body:
Exams – 100% OCR
GCSE Law will help to develop the following skills:
- Making informed decisions
- Investigating legal issues and historic cases
- Debating key legal concepts
- Developing critical thinking skill
- Mooting and sentencing tasks
- Access to guest speakers and trips.
You will also benefit from the College’s good links with local university providers.
Stoke6th Graduate Attributes
How we will help you to boost your CV by developing your skills and qualifications…
This course will help you to develop your independent learning and research skills, communication skills such as literacy, oracy and presentation skills as well as resilience, critical and reflective thinking.