- BTEC Extended Certificate
Topics you will study
- Singing Skills for Dancers and Actors
- Musical Theatre Performance
- The Healthy Performer
- Dance technique and choreography
- Creating and performing in a Christmas Variety Show
- Creating a children’s storytelling festival for a local primary school.
- Working with professional performers from the West End on musical theatre skills
- Learning how to prepare for auditions
- Learning event management skills in planning a show from conception to curtain down.
Progression Routes – What’s in it for me?
You will develop the key skills and confidence you need to go onto a range of performing arts disciplines either at higher education level or the world of work.
Many of our students regularly achieve places in some of the best institutions in the country such as Lipa and the Laban Centre, as well as many of them going on to become performance teachers themselves.
This course is an excellent introduction to a wide range of progression routes, such as: technical theatre, event management, marketing, directing, writing and stage management, as well as the acting, dance and musical theatre performance routes.
Assessment: Awarding Body:
Practical Assessment – 100% Pearson
Results 2016: 100%
- You will perform for the public in vocational settings such as Hanley Museum, The Mitchell Arts Centre, The Rep Theatre, Gladstone pottery museum and other community venues such as engaging in theatre in education at local primary schools.
- Continuous opportunities to engage in exciting and challenging performance work from creation to performance. Including enrichment opportunities for those with interests in technical areas such as costume, make-up, props, set, lighting and sound.
- You will perform at a variety of venues throughout the year and be involved in very exciting local and national projects.
- You will develop the technique and skills needed to become a “Triple Threat” in the industry. This means that you will engage in dance, choreography, vocal work, singing, directing and acting.
Stoke6th Graduate Attributes
How SFC will help you to boost your CV by developing your skills and qualifications…
Throughout the course you will experience guest lectures from professional musical theatre. This will include sessions with cast members of west end shows such as CATS, Wicked and Billy Elliot. This will give you first-hand experience of the profession. You will be taught by teachers with professional performance experience and excellent links with local theatre companies. This will provide numerous opportunities for you to perform outside of College in Extra Curricular activities and work experience projects.
What our students say…
“I would definitely recommend choosing a performing arts course at the College. What they offer is great fun; you can really express yourself with a great bunch of people.”
“No two lessons are ever the same. The studios for Performing Arts are brilliant too and you can use them to work on group pieces in between lessons.”