Topics you will study
Scientific Principles of Physical Education
- Applied anatomy and physiology
- Exercise physiology
Psychological and Social Principles of Physical Education
- Skill acquisition
- Sport psychology
- Sport and society
Performance Analysis and Performance Development Programme
Progression Routes – What’s in it for me?
A wide range of careers in sport including, nutritionist, physiologist, physiotherapist, teacher, fitness professional, sports development officer, outdoor education instructor, sports psychologist and sport coach.
Assessment: Awarding Body:
Exams -70% Pearson
Practical Performance – 15%
Results 2017: 100%
- This course will provide an in-depth knowledge and understanding of a range of scientific and social principles of Physical Education
- There is the opportunity to be assessed on your practical ability as a performer or coach
- You will experience high quality and varied practical lessons in state-of-the-art facilities at Fenton Manor Sport Complex
- Outstanding facilities – you will have access to physiology labs, nutrition labs, a state of the art fitness centre, a 33 metre swimming pool as well as 4G AstroTurf,.
Stoke6th Graduate Attributes
How SFC will help you to boost your CV by developing your skills and qualifications…
- Studying PE develops students’ creativity through a range of practical experiences.
- Students will develop problem-solving skills in a range of practical and theoretical situations including the analysis of their own performance.
- Communication skills will be tested and developed through a range of practical learning experiences
- Sports Degrees are delivered by local and national universities. Achieving high grades on this course can get you places at top sports universities such as Loughborough, Birmingham and Bath.
What our students say…
- “A Level PE has really worked for me. It has given me the chance to show and improve my practical ability and I would certainly recommend this course to students”.
- “We have specialist teachers for the different unit areas who have a high level of knowledge and understanding and make the lessons enjoyable”.