Topics you will study
Scientific Principles of Physical Education
- Applied anatomy and physiology
- Exercise physiology
Psychological and Social Principles of Physical Education
- Skill acquisition
- Sport psychology
- Sport and society
Progression Routes – What’s in it for me?
University options include:
- Sports Science
- Sports Development and Coaching
Career pathways include:
- Careers in sports science including physiotherapy, sports nutritionist, sports psychologist.
- PE teaching, coaching and fitness instructing.
Assessment: Awarding Body:
Exams -70% Edexcel
Practical Performance – 15%
Results 2015: 100%
- This course will provide an in-depth knowledge and understanding of a range of scientific and social principles of Physical Education
- There is the opportunity to be assessed on your practical ability as a performer or coach
- You will experience high quality and varied practical lessons in state-of-the-art facilities at Fenton Manor Sport Complex
Stoke6th Graduate Attributes
How SFC will help you to boost your CV by developing your skills and qualifications…
- Studying PE develops students’ creativity through a range of practical experiences.
- Students will develop problem-solving skills in a range of practical and theoretical situations including the analysis of their own performance.
- Communication skills will be tested and developed through a range of practical learning experiences
- Sports Degrees are delivered by local and national universities. Achieving high grades on this course can get you places at top sports universities such as Loughborough, Birmingham and Bath.
What our students say…
- “A Level PE has really worked for me. It has given me the chance to show and improve my practical ability and I would certainly recommend this course to students”.
- “We have specialist teachers for the different unit areas who have a high level of knowledge and understanding and make the lessons enjoyable”.