Topics you will study
- Cells, Organs & Populations
- Enzymes & Genetics
- Bonding & Calculations
- Reaction Rates, Salts & Electrolysis
- Force and their efforts
- Electricity & Radioactivity
Progression Routes – What’s in it for me?
Most employers and educational progression routes expect all students to have a GCSE in Maths, English and Science. Here at the Sixth Form College you can study GCSE Science alongside other GCSE’s or A-levels and/or BTEC courses.
Assessment: Awarding Body:
Exams – 75% AQA
Controlled Assessment – 25%
Results 2016: 95%
- Completing this course will allow you to gain a nationally recognised qualification to enter Higher Education or employment and will gain you access onto other Level 3 qualifications including BTEC’s and A-Levels in the pure Sciences.
- You will understand the role of the scientist, their relationship with the scientific community and their responsibilities towards the community and the environment.
Stoke6th Graduate Attributes
How SFC will help you to boost your CV by developing your skills and qualifications…
You will develop a range of skills and techniques, personal qualities and attributes essential for successful performance in working life.
During this course you will acquire technical and employability skills, knowledge and understanding.
What our students say…
“I’ve really enjoyed the course as a lot of what we have covered applies to the real world of work and I feel prepared for many potential careers.”
“I enjoy the practical parts of the course and I like being in the state-of-the-art laboratories that the new Science Centre provides.”