Topics you will study
- Bonding & Calculations
- Cells, Organs & Populations
- Electricity & Radioactivity
- Environment and Evolution
- Enzymes & Genetics
- Force and their efforts
- How Science Works
- Human Biology
- Oils, Earth and Atmosphere
- Products from Rocks
- Reaction Rates, Salts & Electrolysis
- Waves & the Universe
Progression Routes – What’s in it for me?
Most employers and educational progression routes expect all students to have a GCSE in Maths, English and Science. Here at the Sixth Form College you can study GCSE Science alongside other GCSEs or A Levels and/or BTEC courses.
Assessment: Awarding Body:
Exams – 100% (6 exams) AQA
- Completing this course will allow you to gain a nationally recognised qualification in order to enter higher education or employment and will gain you access onto other Level 3 qualifications including BTECs and A Levels in the pure Sciences.
- You will understand the role of the scientist, their relationship with the scientific community and their responsibilities towards the community and the environment.
Stoke6th Graduate Attributes
How SFC will help you to boost your CV by developing your skills and qualifications…
You will develop a range of skills and techniques, personal qualities and attributes essential for successful performance in working life.
During this course you will acquire technical and employability skills, knowledge and understanding.
What our students say…
“Deciding to retake GCSE Science was a good choice for me as I enjoyed science at school but didn’t get the grade I needed for the career I am hoping to pursue.”
“I’ve really enjoyed the course as a lot of what we have covered applies to the real world of work and I feel prepared for many potential careers.”
“I enjoy the practical parts of the course and I like being in the state-of-the-art laboratories that the new Science Centre provides.”