Topics you will study
- Families and citizenship
- Youth trends
- Education and employment
- Regional culture and heritage in Spain and Spanish-speaking countries
- Media, art film and music
Progression Routes – What’s in it for me?
Spanish makes an excellent combination with another language or indeed other subjects at university and many students progress through this route in higher education. Spanish is not just a subject which leads to jobs in translation, interpreting or education since employees with language skills are highly valued in the service and manufacturing sectors of industry.
A recent survey shows that only about 5% of language graduates go into teaching, and much fewer into translating or interpreting. About 27% go into business services, and around 10% go into each of the following: manufacturing, sales, banking/finance, community/social services, transport/communications.
Assessment: Awarding Body:
Exams – 100% WJEC
Results 2017: 100%
- Intensive yet motivating activities help students manage the change to Advanced Level study successfully.
- Confidence in listening skills increases through use of the ICT and resources that students can use in their independent study time.
- Issues studied give students a greater cultural knowledge of the Hispanic world as well as an awareness of modern topical issues.
- You will gain an insight into the traditions and regional differences of Spain which will enlighten your perception and attitudes towards the country.
Stoke6th Graduate Attributes
How SFC will help you to boost your CV by developing your skills and qualifications…
You will develop your independent work skills through a range of directed activities and be expected to research independently, reading extensively to enhance topic and grammatical knowledge.
You will recognise the values and contribution of other cultures and develop you communication skills so you can use the target language with increasing confidence.
To enrich your understanding of the subject and the real world application of the language, guest speakers, visits to universities and the possibility of trips abroad are components of this course.
What our students say…
“A focus on teaching in the Target Language helps improve your listening skills and understanding of the language rapidly.”
“Lots of support is given and feedback really helps you focus on constantly improving”