Topics you will study
- Anatomy and Physiology in Sport
- Fitness Training and Programming
- Development and Provision of Sport
- Professional Development in the Sports Industry
- Research Methods in Sport
- Application of Fitness Testing and Training
- Sports Psychology
- Developing Teams
- Recruitment and Selection
- Introduction to Management
Progression Routes – What’s in it for me?
Studying this course could lead to Higher Education or directly into employment. Many of our students have progressed onto the following progression routes:
University Options include:
- Sports Coaching
- Sports Studies
- Sports Development
Career Pathways include:
- Sports Coach
- Sports Development Officer
- Fitness Instructor
Assessment: Awarding Body:
Exams – 20% Edexcel
Coursework – 80%
Results 2016: 100%
- Outstanding rates of achievement on the course.
- Specialist teachers with high levels of sports knowledge and understanding.
- A wide range of practical and theoretical units are studied with varied methods of assessment.
- Practical lessons take place in state-of-the-art facilities at Fenton Manor Sports Complex.
Stoke6th Graduate Attributes
How SFC will help you to boost your CV by developing your skills and qualifications…
You will develop communication skills in a range of theoretical and practical settings. There will be regular emphasis on problem solving as well as challenging you to develop your resilience and independence.
The course covers a wide range of unit topics and can lead to exciting and rewarding careers in the sports industry. You will undertake a work experience placement on the course to develop
your independence of thought and employability skills. Achieving high grades on this course can get you places at top sports universities such as Loughborough, Birmingham and
Bath. There are regular visits from professionals and employers who are actively working in the sports industry.
You will be encouraged to develop your communication skills through leadership and officiation; through this you will gain leadership and coaching qualifications.
What our students say…
“The course has really helped me to develop my leadership and coaching skills. The course has been both interesting and challenging.”
“We get to use all of the facilities at Fenton. We regularly go into Shapes gym and develop our knowledge of fitness testing and training.”