- BTEC Diploma
- BTEC Extended Diploma
Topics you will study
- Functional Anatomy
- Sport & Exercise Psychology
- Field & Laboratory Based Fitness Testing
- Completion of a Research Project
- Applied Research Methods in Sport & Exercise Science
- Bio Medics for Sport & Exercise Science
- Nutrition for Sport & Exercise Performance
- Coaching for Performance & Fitness
Progression Routes – What’s in it for me?
Studying this course could lead to Higher Education or directly into employment. Many of our students have progressed onto the following progression routes.
- Sports Science
- Sports Studies
- Sports Nutritionist
- Sports Psychologist
Assessment: Awarding Body:
Assignment, Task, Edexcel
and Written Exam
Results 2016: 100%
- Outstanding rates of achievement on the course using state-of-the-art facilities at Fenton Manor Sports Complex.
- Specialist teachers with high levels of sports science knowledge and experience
- A wide range of practical and theoretical units are studied with varied methods of assessment.
Stoke6th Graduate Attributes
How SFC will help you to boost your CV by developing your skills and qualifications…
You will develop communication skills in a range of theoretical and practical settings. There will be a regular emphasis on problem solving as well as challenging you to develop your re-silience and independence
The course covers a wide range of unit topics and can lead to exciting and rewarding careers in the sports industry. You will undertake a work experience placement on the course to develop your independence of thought and employability skills.
Achieving high grades on this course can get you places at top sports universities such as Loughborough, Birmingham and Bath. There are regular visits from professionals and employers who are actively working in the sports science industry.
You will be encouraged to develop your communication skills through leadership and officiation; through this you will gain leadership and coaching qualifications.
What our students say…
“Presentations and talks from people working in the industry such as physiotherapists and fit- ness instructors really inspired me to work hard.”
“The staff supported me and challenged me over the two years to enable me to achieve my Double Distinction and get a place on a Physiotherapy course at university.”