- BTEC Extended Certificate
Topics you will study
- Investigating Practitioners’ Work
- Developing Skills and Techniques for Live Performance
- Group Performance Workshop
- Acting Styles
- Physical Theatre Techniques
- Interpreting Classical Text for Performance
Progression Routes – What’s in it for me?
You will develop the key skills and confidence you need to go onto a range of performing arts disciplines either at higher ducation level or the world of work. Many of our students regularly achieve places in some of the best institutions in the country such as Lippa and the Laban Centre, as well as many of them going on to become performance teachers themselves.
This course is an excellent introduction to a wide range of progression routes such as technical theatre; event management; marketing; directing; writing and stage management, as well as the acting, dance and musical theatre performance routes.
Assessment: Awarding Body:
Practical & Coursework – 100% Pearson
Results 2016: 100%
- You will be taught by teachers with professional acting and performance experience.
- It’s a very practical course.
- Teachers have excellent links with local theatre companies.
- Numerous opportunities for you to perform outside of College in enrichment activities and work experience projects.
- Throughout the course you will be given the opportunity to see lots of live professional theatre.
- You will be offered the highest calibre of actor training available, to prepare you for the future.
Stoke6th Graduate Attributes
How SFC will help you to boost your CV by developing your skills and qualifications…
- You will learn to be resilient performers who enjoy learning and are willing to listen, learn and contribute to the development of ensemble and solo work.
- You will develop independence of thought and, where appropriate, social interaction through rehearsal and development.
- You will be able to contribute creative and innovative solutions to staging problems through numeracy and digital technology as well as through ICT.
- You will develop sophisticated literacy and oracy skills through the exploration of a variety of language styles and deliveries.
- You will learn to solve problems and present information logically whilst respecting and recognising other performers’ views, attitudes and cultures.
- You will understand the importance and necessity for performers to attend punctually and meet deadlines.
- By the end of the course, you will have developed the techniques and mind-set that will develop a lifelong love of learning and allow you access to future education, training or employment in the field.