Media with a Foundation Year provides an essential stepping stone onto a range of media related degree courses such as BA (Hons) English and Creative Writing, Journalism and Media (Film) Production – to name but a few.
You will work alongside students from a diverse range of creative backgrounds to develop your own practice. You will be taught by practitioners with experience of Journalism, Writing and Film Production to give you the best possible experience and preparation for degree study and future careers.
All this is done in an environment that is committed to placing you at the centre of the educational experience. You will have a wide ranging experience that will enable you to make a clear decision about your future studies and career.
We will help help you gain confidence and a real world understanding of media through a range of creative, practical projects. You will develop a portfolio of project work that means you are fully prepared for higher level study.
• Team Project-Media (15 Credits)
• Production Skills for Media (30 Credits)
• Theory and Practice in Media (30 Credits)
• Ideas Generation and Problem-solving for Media (15 Credits)
• Major Project-Media (30 Credits)
We welcome applications from people with a variety of qualifications, skills and experience. Applicants are individually assessed.
Typical UCAS Offer: 80 points / 64 points
A levels: CDD, this equates to 80 points
BTEC: MPP, this equates to 64 points
All applicants are individually assessed via interview
The Foundation year gives you direct access to the BA (Hons) Media courses depending on the focus of your Final Project. This could include:
- BA(Hons) Media (Film) Production
- BA(Hons) English and Creative Writing
- BA (Hons) Advertising Film and Music Production
- BA (Hons) Experimental Film Production
- BA (Hons) Film , Television and Radio Studies
- BA (Hons) Broadcast Journalism
- BA (Hons) Games Journalism and PR
- BA (Hons) Journalism