As the Covid pandemic has clearly demonstrated to us all, Health is a vital field that we all depend upon. The Health T-Level in adult nursing is designed to provide you with the skills, experience and knowledge required to progress into a career in adult nursing. Are you looking for a Level 3 Health course that includes an in-depth industry placement in the Healthcare sector? A course that focuses more on vocational skills than A Levels, that will help you into skilled employment in Health, higher study or apprenticeships? Yes? Then the T level in Health is the course for you. This T level is a 2-year Level 3 course, equivalent to 3 A Levels but with a more vocational focus in adult nursing. In addition to classroom-based lessons, the course includes a minimum of 315 hours working with an employer on a relevant industry placement.
What our students say
Students will develop a general understanding of:
- A general understanding of Health
- Working within the Health sector
- Health, safety and environmental regulations
- Managing information and data
- Principles of good scientific and clinical practice
- Core science concepts.
Students will also learn about topics specific to science:
- Understanding the Healthcare sector
- Providing person-centred care
- Health and wellbeing
- Further science knowledge
- Health and safety in the Healthcare sector
- Infection prevention and control
- Managing personal information.
Occupational specialist content:
You will develop the relevant knowledge and skills necessary to perform routine clinical tasks such as taking physiological measurements, for example blood pressure. You will also gain experience in using healthcare technology such as emergency equipment, monitoring equipment and personal care equipment. In addition you will also learn how to provide person centres care to support patients through their treatment.
- This T Level is an alternative to CTEC Health and Social Care, apprenticeships and other 16 to 19 courses.
- A T Level is a nationally recognised qualification that is worth the same number of UCAS points as 3 A levels.
- This T Level focuses far more on healthcare vocational skills and can help students into skilled employment, higher study or apprenticeships.
- This T Level includes an in-depth industry placement in the adult healthcare sector where students get valuable experience in the workplace, and employers get early sight of new talent.
- T Level students spend 80% of the course in the classroom, learning the skills that employers need. The other 20% is a meaningful industry placement, where they put these skills into action.
This qualification will primarily prepare students to move into a skilled job but can also lead to further technical qualifications, higher apprenticeships or a degree course.
The core knowledge and understanding is assessed through two externally marked exams, and the core skills through a compulsory practical employer-set project (315 hours minimum). The combined results from the exam papers and compulsory employer-set project determine the overall core component grade (A*- to E and U, in line with A-levels). In order to achieve a grade for the core component, students must have results for the core examinations and the employer-set project. Students are assessed on the occupational specialist content synoptically, through practical assignments graded on a three-point scale (including U): Distinction, Merit, and Pass, in line with BTEC/CTEC qualifications.
Where Courses Become Careers
University courses in Adult Nursing such as Nursing Practice (Adult) BSc (Hons). Other specialist degree routes such as Child Nursing and Mental Health would also be suitable higher education progression routes. In addition, you may consider undertaking a degree apprenticeship in nursing as an alternative route.
Make your mark
How SFC will help you to boost your CV by developing your skills and qualifications…
Students taking a T Level in Laboratory Science will gain the skills, knowledge and experience needed to progress to highly skilled employment, higher level study or an apprenticeship. The Stoke 6th Graduate Attributes will be developed and enhanced during this course: resilience, independent learning, communication, problem solving skills and a lifelong love of learning will all be encouraged throughout the T Level in Laboratory Sciences.
An industry placement is a mandatory part of the T Level course and full certification of the T Level will not be possible without completing the industry placement. The industry placement is substantially longer than the traditional work experience on BTEC/CTEC and so should be significantly beneficial to you and the employer. You will gain substantial technical training as required through your industry placement.