Topics you will study:
- Drawing Skills
- ‘Surface’ Preparation
- Visual Communication
- Image Manipulation
- Textiles, Texture and Surfaces
Progression Routes – What’s in it for me?
Employers are desperately looking for imaginative people with appropriate Art and Design skills. A career in art and design gives you the opportunity to creatively challenge, inform and inspire others, as well as enabling you to have a direct influence on your own living and working environment.
Successful completion of the course is an excellent platform for progression to a Foundation Course or University degree in Art and Design, and an essential step towards a career in a whole range of specialist areas including; Graphics, Fine Art, Illustration, Jewellery, Printmaking, Textiles/Surface Pattern, Photography, Fashion, Interior Design, Ceramic Design, Product Design, Crafts, Animation, Architecture and many others.
Assessment: Awarding Body:
Externally set assignment – 40% AQA
Coursework – 60%
- Studying Art and Design encourages you to express your individuality, originality and personal expression.
- The course allows you to study contemporary and historical art and design practices within a stimulating and challenging studio environment.
- You will be taught how to undertake complex and ambitious creative tasks offering you the possibility of exploring a broad range of media techniques and processes.
- During the course you will develop a broad based portfolio of work suitable for progression into higher education.
Stoke6th Graduate Attributes
How we will help you to boost your CV by developing your skills and qualifications…
The course has a strong “skills” focus, developing not only the practical subject specific creative skills, but also the employability skills essential for progression into the Creative Industries e.g. problem solving, idea generation, literacy skills, presentation and communication skills, time management, team working and independent thinking skills.
The curriculum is designed to be challenging in order to build resilience and stretch students to achieve their full creative potential and enjoy their studies; fostering a lifelong love of learning.
What our students say…
“Teachers are extremely enthusiastic, energetic, animated and passionate about this subject.”
“You are given a lot of opportunity to work on projects that are interesting and suit your own personal style.”