- CTEC Extended Certificate
- CTEC National Diploma
- CTEC National Extended Diploma
Topics you will study
- Building positive professional relationships in health and social care
- Equality, diversity and rights in health and social care
- Health, safety and security in health and social care
- Anatomy and physiology
- Infection control
Progression Routes – What’s in it for me?
You will develop skills, knowledge and behaviours required to enter employment in the health and social care sector, or to progress in to health or social care related apprenticeships or degree courses, such as Nursing, Midwifery, Social Work, Early Childhood Studies, or a range of other health or social care related degree courses.
The CTEC Extended Certificate is equivalent to one A-level over two years.
The CTEC National Diploma is equivalent to two A-levels over two years.
The CTEC National Extended Diploma is equivalent to three A-levels over two years.
The courses are made up of 60% coursework and 40% exams, divided over the two years, giving students the chance of at least one resit per examined subject.
- Learning activities will be relevant to health, social care and child care settings and will provide students with a broad appreciation of workplace practices and the different types of people who use care and support services.
- Lesson activities will be varied and will include the use of case studies, independent research, structured tasks, presentations and group work.
- You will be encouraged to participate in health and social care related work experience or voluntary work throughout your course.
Stoke6th Graduate Attributes
How SFC will help you to boost your CV by developing your skills and qualifications…
You will develop professional and personal skills, such as effective communication in different settings, as well as the knowledge and understanding to underpin your skills. You will gain an appreciation of the importance of legislation and person-centered care in the workplace. You will also develop your ability to research information and organise your workload effectively.