Your application is important to us
We would like to take this opportunity to update you on how we are approaching the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic and reassure you that your application to the City of Stoke-on-Trent Sixth Form College will not be affected.
Please remember that we don’t operate on a first come, first serve basis and we treat every student on their own individual merit.
We will send regular information via the website and email so please check your accounts for further updates.
Please be reassured that we will do everything we can to support your progression. It is our mission to ensure a caring community for all including you as our prospective students and your parents.
Your application to the College is not affected.
Applicants will receive regular communications from the College via email and will have the opportunity to ask any questions via Cedar (Our Internal College Comms).
first course discussions
All applicants will receive an invitation to attend a First Course Discussion. Please note: First Course Discuscussions are currently beig conducted via telephone instead of face to face. You will receive a call between 4pm and 6pm on the date of your scheduled discussion.
We will call the number you entered on your application. If you have recently changed your contact details, please let us know via Cedar or by emailing email@example.com
Open Events 2020/21
This year prospective students and their families can discover what the Sixth Form College has to offer at our open events:
- Wednesday 17th March 2021
You can choose to visit our open events either VIRTUALLY or FACE-TO-FACE in the building. (Please note: due to lockdown 2.0 we are unable to offer a face-to-face open event experience on Thursday 26th November 2020 but we look forward to hopefully seeing you in the building for our February event).
You MUST pre-register to attend either way by clicking here: https://www.stokesfc.ac.uk/open-event-pre-register
When we are able to do so, to ensure the safety of all staff and students in the building the following adjustments have been made for this year’s face-to-face open events:
- All visitors are required to pre-register
- Numbers entering the building will be reduced to aid social distancing around the building
- Entrance to the building on the day will not be permitted without pre-registration.
- All visitors will have a temperature check on arrival.
- All visitors will agree to a COVID declaration on arrival – the college reserves the right to deny access if any information is disclosed that could put anyone at risk.
- All visitors will be asked to use the NHS track and Trace App and to scan the colleges QR code on arrival.
- A one-way system will be in operation.
- Students have been asked to only bring up to ONE additional person with them.
- 2m social distancing throughout (1m with caution if 2m is not possible).
- Face coverings are mandatory when in the building.
- Regular cleaning will take place throughout the event.
Once you have pre-registered further guidance and information will be emailed to you for both our virtual and face-to-face events.
We will continue to pay close attention to guidance from the Government and will update all students, parents and schools of any changes to this process in due course.