We’re proud to announce an excellent set of A Level Results – maintaining achievement for our students in the context of new national reforms in education.
College Principal, Mark Kent offered his warmest congratulations to all students on their success. He commented:
“We are delighted to have received another set of excellent results. With more than 50 academic and vocational courses studied, it is pleasing to see that the College has maintained our excellent performance. I’m proud of the hard work and dedication of our students and staff who continue to work hard and achieve great things.”
- 856 A Level entries with a 96% pass rate
- 30% of entries at A Level achieved the highest grades of A*-B
- 151 A* (or equivalent) grades achieved this year
- 60% of A Level subjects achieving 100% pass rate (maintained from 2017)
- Impressive performance in A Level Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Statistics and Computer Science with a significant percentage of students achieving high grades across these subjects
- Ongoing success in A Level Classical Civilisation, Dance, French, Government and Politics and Philosophy, with students continuing to achieve high grades
- For the class of 2018, BTEC results continue to be outstanding – 73% achieved high grades and an outstanding 57% awarded the highest possible grades of Distinction* (an impressive 12% increase from 2017)
- Top class results across all BTEC courses continue – with a 98% pass rate and almost three quarters of students obtaining a Distinction or above (24% improvement over the last four years)
- Over half of vocational courses maintained 75% or more higher grades (Distinction or above)
- Outstanding performance in Health & Social Care and Sport Science – with 100% achieving the highest grades of Distinction*/Distinction (a 22% increase from 2017)
- Excellent performance in BTEC Science and BTEC Business with students achieving high grades of 76% and 84% respectively
Thinking of studying at Sixth Form College? Apply now.
During our recent inspection in October 2017, Ofsted praised staff and students for creating a supportive learning community where ‘students make good or excellent progress’. The full Ofsted report is available to view online HERE.