A flexible intensive support package to help your school identify areas of strength and development in science, and support to help you make any changes.
Mix and match from the following to design your ideal package.
- Full day mentoring with the Science Subject Leader, including planning, work scrutiny and student interviews. This will enable the Subject Leader to develop a comprehensive picture of where science is in the school curriculum and inform their action planning for next steps.
- Joint observations with the subject leader. These have the dual benefit of helping to strengthen confidence in conducting observations and identifying how development areas highlighted in the work scrutiny are backed up by evidence from the classroom.
- Individual coaching sessions e.g. working with teachers to plan a unit with their strengths and areas of development in mind, as well as their students’ needs.
- Whole department training to cover any department-wide issues e.g. changes to the curriculum, assessment or using practical work more effectively to enhance engagement and achievement.
- A follow-up visit to jointly review and assess progress and provide in -depth support with individualised planning needs.
All schools taking part in our Science Support programme will receive a free place on our Science Subject Leader Network Day, plus also an additional free place when you book a member of staff onto any one of our secondary or post-16 CPD programme (two places for the price of one).
Example Science Support Package
Full day mentoring and departmental bespoke training for 12 staff
Free place on our Subject Leader Network Day
Two places for the price of one on any one of our secondary or post-16 CPD programme
Total cost for this package – £1,600
If you would like to discuss a bespoke science support package for your school, please contact me on email@example.com or 07970 002121. We are happy to work with you to develop a tailored programme including expert input, excellent materials and sustained support.