Digital, Audio, Visual Technician
PLEASE NOTE: The application form and supporting documents can be found at the bottom of this page.
Salary: £20,173 – £20,981 per annum, pro rata
Actual salary approximately £17,758 – £18,470 per annum for term time
Term Time/Part time, Term Time + 5 Days / Fixed Term until August 2023)
Please state on your application hours of preference
Closing date: Thursday 30th March 2023
The City of Stoke on Trent Sixth Form College is a thriving, lively and successful Sixth Form College, at the heart of the University Quarter in Stoke on Trent. The College is part of the Potteries Educational Trust working collaboratively with educational institutions from across Stoke on Trent and Staffordshire. The College is currently graded Good by Ofsted.
We have fantastic opportunities for innovative, ambitious and committed individuals to join our college at a time of exciting curriculum initiatives and developments. To deliver our expanding provision, the college has invested in:
- A state of the art digital facility that opened in November 2020
- Two specialist Digital Games Design suites
- Specialist filming and photography equipment and resources including industry standard Black Magic camera and a dedicated Photography studio
- Industry standard creative and production software including Unreal Engine 5, Logic Pro and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Immersive technology including use of VR headsets
We are looking to appoint an exciting, creative Technician that can work across a range of digital, audio and visual software and equipment, supporting curriculum teams to improve student outcomes. The successful applicant will be based across a range of courses, working flexibly to train and support students in:
- Use of cameras, lenses and equipment, and editing software on Photography, Media and Film courses
- Setting up stages, sound and lighting for live performances, and using sound mixing and editing software on Performing Arts and Music courses
- Use of immersive technology on T Level courses.
- To book, maintain and repair specialist film, photography and music equipment
For further details and an application form please email email@example.com. Alternatively, telephone Personnel on (01782) 854210.
The College is committed to Equal Opportunities. Applications are particularly welcome from members of the ethnic minorities who are currently under represented at the College.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. You should note that an enhanced DBS Disclosure will be required prior to taking up an appointment with the College.