Results Day 2022
Our students continue to excel at A Level and BTEC. We’re proud to announce an excellent set of A-Level Results! These results in all areas provide students with opportunities to further their studies in higher education, gain employment, or access to further training.
- Impressive student performance across all subjects. We are proud to announce an excellent set of A Level Results with strong academic performances in the area’s post 16 destination of choice.
- 5-year increase in high grades (A*-B) and the pass rate remains incredibly high at 99% across A Level subjects.
- 60% high grades at A Level – doubling over the last 3 years. Three quarters of A Level subjects have a high-grade rate of over 50%.
- 1251 high grades across A Level and vocational courses.
- 99% pass rate across all vocational subjects and over two thirds of students achieving high grades.
- 350 A* (or equivalent) grades achieved this year, almost doubling over the last 3 years.
- Continued strong in a wide range of subjects, stand out subjects include Computer Science, Maths, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Social Sciences (Psychology and Sociology), Earth Sciences (Geography, Geology and Environmental Science), Economics, Classical Civilisation, History and Law and Politics.
- Outstanding high grades achieved in the college’s unique offer of specialist subjects, for example, Geology, German, Music and Further Maths.
- Best results in over a decade with many high achieving students gaining places at some of the world’s most prestigious universities including Oxford, Cambridge and Stanford University. Seven high achieving students have accepted offers into Oxbridge, breaking the record year for at least ten years.
- 80% of A Level subjects achieving 100% pass rate (20% up on 2021).
- 100% pass rate for EPQ (80% higher grades, 55% achieved A* or A) assisting our
most able students and providing them with a competitive edge to access courses and careers post-18. This added value goes beyond academic qualifications and study skills.
- Impressive results in Vocational courses with 99% pass rate across courses with two-thirds achieving the coveted Distinction*-Distinction higher grades.
- Excellent performance in several individual BTEC subjects including, Health & Social Care, Graphics, Public Services, Performing Arts.
- T Level – in the first year of T Level studies, all students have achieved their qualification including the subject specialism and industry placement. 75% achieved the equivalent of higher grades A* to B.
- Scientific and Technical education is thriving at the Sixth Form College contributing to developing the medical, healthcare and digital skills of the region.
- Outstanding STEM results, with 70% of students achieving the higher grades in Physics, chemistry and Biology
- In Health and Social Care 56% of students achieved Distinction* grades, with 82% achieving higher grades.
- Outstanding Computer Science and Digital T Level results with more than three quarters achieving higher grades.
congratulations to all!
College Principal, Mark Kent offered his enthusiastic congratulations to all students on their success. He commented:
“Congratulations to all our students who have been so positive and worked so hard to achieve their excellent results. Throughout the interruption of the pandemic, they have demonstrated great determination and resilience in sitting formal examinations and assessments. We have seen increase in students’ confidence, aided by the excellent support of teachers, support staff, parents and carers, and we are so proud of their achievements.”
“With more than 50 academic and vocational courses studied, it is great to see that yet again as a college we have maintained our track record of excellence.” and for the first time T Level results – all students achieved their industry placement and 75% achieved the equivalent of A*-B grade.”
“The college is committed to giving all young people access to a top-class education and opportunities to progress and excel. Our priority remains to provide care and support to every young person so that they can achieve and progress to their full potential.”
“The progression of our students to employment, higher-level apprenticeships, Oxbridge, Medicine, and Veterinary Science Schools and other prestigious universities remains excellent.”
“The majority of our students will be pleased with their results and progression choices. We will continue to support our students, providing them with access to our expert careers team. On results day, universities will be available in the building to offer advice and guidance.”
“Finally, I would also like to acknowledge the work and commitment of all the staff at the College, who have played a significant part in helping to prepare and support students in order that they achieve their full potential.”