Find out more about our Sixth Form College graduates, and the next steps in their future.
Results in all areas provide students with opportunities to further their studies in higher education, gain employment or access to further training.
We’re proud to announce an excellent set of A-Level Results – maintaining achievement for our students in the context of new national reforms in education.
RESULTS DAY 2021 SUMMARY
- Impressive student performance across all subjects.
- 4 year increase in high grades (A*-B) and the pass rate remains incredibly high at 99.5% across A Level subjects.
- We expect strong BTEC results students with success in a broad range of applied subjects with large numbers continuing to achieve the highest Distinction and Distinction * grades. There is currently a national issue with the technical processing of results which we are waiting for Pearson to resolve.
- We are delighted to see ongoing improvements in subjects such as Business, English Language, English Literature, History and Media.
- Continued strong performance in a wide range of subjects, with two thirds of subjects achieving over 50% grades A*-B. Stand out subjects include Computer Science, Maths, Chemistry, Biology, Social Sciences (Psychology and Sociology), Earth Sciences (Geography, Geology and Environmental Science), Economics, Classical Civilisation, Religious Studies, Modern Foreign Languages and Physical Education.
- Outstanding high grades achieved in the college’s unique offer of specialist subjects.
Congratulations to all!
Thinking of studying at Sixth Form College? Apply now.
College Principal, Mark Kent offered his enthusiastic congratulations to all students on their success. He commented:
“Congratulations to all our students who have been so positive throughout the pandemic, who worked so hard to achieve their excellent results. In an unusual and demanding year, our students have been flexible, dedicated and have adapted to a hybrid of virtual and onsite teaching. We have seen an increase in students’ confidence, aided by the excellent support of teachers, support staff, parents and carers, and we are so proud of their achievements.”
“With more than 50 academic and vocational courses studied, it is great to see that yet again as a College we have maintained our track record of excellence.”
“The college is committed to giving all young people access to a top-class education and opportunities to progress and excel. Our priority remains to provide care and support to every young person so that they can achieve and progress to their full potential.”
“The progression of our students to employment, higher-level apprenticeships, Oxbridge, Medicine, Dentistry and Veterinary Science Schools and other prestigious universities remains excellent.”
“Finally, I would also like to acknowledge the work and commitment of all the staff at the College, who have played a significant part in helping to prepare and support students in order that they achieve their full potential.”
Our latest inspection was in October 2017, Ofsted praised staff and students for creating a supportive learning community where ‘students make good or excellent progress’. The full Ofsted report is available to view online HERE.