We are proud of the achievements of our young people here at the City of Stoke on Trent Sixth Form College.
A significant majority of our young people progress to a wide range of university courses, including Oxbridge, Russell Group, Sutton 30 and local universities, whilst others choose to progress to apprenticeships, including prestigious degree apprenticeships, or directly into employment; we work hard to support every young person, whichever progression route is right for them.
The Sixth Form College is a very different learning environment from secondary school. We support our young people to take responsibility for their own behaviour and progress, in order to make the successful transition into independent learners. Support is offered by a range of staff at the College, but your role as parent/carer is just as important; we recognise that positive parental/carer interaction has a positive impact on a young person’s learning, behaviour, attendance and progress.
The College values the contribution that parents/carers can make towards their young person’s education and would like to work in partnership with you to ensure that all of our young people can fulfil their potential. Therefore, we actively encourage parents/carers to contact the College and interact with teaching staff in order to ensure that all of our young people have the opportunity to be successful during their time with us.
We look forward to working with you.
Please take some time to read through the FAQs below, and do not hesitate to contact the College via the on-line contact form or telephone, if you would like more information.
Please view/download the charters (PDF format):
The College runs a number of Parent’s Evenings throughout the year.
At our Parents Evenings you’ll be able to speak with subject teachers and Progress Coaches about academic development, achievement and targets. Appointments are usually booked and conducted online, using the SchoolCloud system. Details are emailed to parents via SchoolCloud once bookings open for each event. If you need assistance with booking appointments, please telephone or email the college
Upcoming Parents Evenings:
Join us for our Parents’ Evening on the following dates:
- Tuesday 20th September 2022 (starting at 5.30pm) – New Parents’ Information Evening
- Tuesday 18th October 2022 (5.00pm – 7.30pm) – Year 2
- Thursday 3rd November 2022 (5.00pm – 7.30pm) – Open to all year groups
- Wednesday 7th December 2022 (3.00pm – 5.30pm) – Open to all year groups
- Wednesday 15th February 2023 (4.00pm – 6.30pm) – Year 2 and Level 3 Transition
- Thursday 30th March 2023 (5.00pm – 7.30pm) – Open to all years
- Thursday 6th July 2023 (5.00pm – 7.30pm) – Year 1
The College encourages the best from its students. I’m proud of what my daughter has achieved over the past two years and would recommend studying at the Sixth Form College to anyone.
Jackie Griffiths, Parent
UCAS and Progression Information Evening
Is your young person currently in Year 1? Find out more about UCAS at our Information Evening on Thursday 5th May 2022 at 5:30 pm for both students and parents.
Frequently asked questions:
CEDAR (Parent Portal)
CEDAR, our Parent Portal, is an online platform which allows our parents to keep up-to-date with their young persons progress at the Sixth Form College.
- The Parents Guide to Results Day 2022
- The Parents Guide to Results Day 2023
- The Parents Guide to University
- The Parents Guide to University Applications
- The Parents Guide to Degree Apprenticeships
- The Parents Guide to Apprenticeships
- The Parents Guide to Post-18 Options
- The Parents Guide to Standing Out From The Crowd
- The Parents Guide to Homelife & Exam Revision
- Preventing Sexual Abuse Online