Our focus is to provide the very best education for every child and young person within the Trust, offering high quality, broad, academic education for the children and young people of Stoke-on-Trent, North Staffordshire and beyond. Working with like-minded partners the Potteries Educational Trust centres on the development of the very best practice in teaching, learning and assessment. We will provide teaching and learning in a nurturing, supportive environment with a broad range of opportunities and extra-curricular activities available for all within the Trust. The Potteries Educational Trust was formed in 2017. We provide education for children and young people from 4 years to 18 years and beyond. Our establishments include the City of Stoke-on-Trent Sixth Form College, Biddulph High School, Moorside High School and Werrington Primary School.
As a Learning Community, we share common values and principles which are embraced at every academy within the Trust. These values form the foundations of everything that we do and achieve as a Multi-Academy Trust with one outcome in mind, to create a caring community that delivers excellence and inspires futures.
We have dedicated and committed Members, Trustees and Local Governors with a wide range of educational and business experience. Each school and college has its own Local Governing Body so that decisions are made at a local level specific to the individual needs of each school. Each establishment has its own individual character and uniqueness. It is important for our Trust to celebrate our diversity whilst working to our common values and principles. We offer a vast range of opportunities through the curriculum and extracurriculum activities to develop our young people for life experiences and promote high aspirations. The Trust has extensive links with regional and national businesses and universities. We provide wide ranging continuous professional development opportunities for all staff. We are proud of being a Trust that successfully promotes the highest of aspirations in all our students as evidenced by the multiple opportunities available to meet leading professionals and academics, explore their vocation, experience educational visits across the globe.
Please visit our website www.potteries.ac.uk and apply
- We strive for excellence in both academic achievement and life experiences to provide a rich education and
opportunities beyond just a set of qualifications.
- We seek to inspire our children and young people, raising their aspirations to be the best they can be and to make a positive contribution to our local and national community.
- We believe in the added value of working partnerships across all phases of education and the benefits and
opportunities it brings to our students and staff.
- We will maintain an open access policy ensuring that admission is not based on academic success, within the
context of the available curriculum in each establishment.
- The Trust will promote a broad, holistic education for all our children and young people who seek to broaden their understanding of the world.
- All partners in the Trust have an equal place and will work together with honesty, transparency and fairness. We will learn from each other to add value to our practices and to the children and young people and communities we serve.
By working together and learning from each other to add value to our practices and to the children and young people and communities we serve, we will champion the following core principles:
- The safety and wellbeing of the children and young people we serve in every action taken by the Trust and
its constituent members.
- A caring, community-centred ethos throughout the Trust, cherishing every individual child and young person.
- Excellence in academic terms but also in providing a broad education beyond qualifications – to be
‘Outstanding’ in all we do.
- We will ensure the effective use of resources for the benefit of all children and young people in the Trust.
- We are committed to every child and young person in the Trust; we celebrate diversity and will work to narrow
any gaps in aspiration, achievement or attainment within our community.