Results Day 2023
Our students continue to excel at A Level and BTEC. We’re proud to announce an excellent set of A-Level Results! These results in all areas provide students with opportunities to further their studies in higher education, gain employment, or access to further training.
- Impressive student performance across all subjects. Yet again, we are proud to announce an excellent set of A Level Results with strong academic, technical and vocational performances in the area’s college of choice.
- The Sixth Form are proud to announce a significant increase in high grades (A*-B) compared to 2019* and a continuing very high pass rate of 97% across A Level subjects.
- 50% high grades at A Level. Half of A Level subjects have a high-grade rate of over 50% (35% nationally).
- 20% of all grades awarded were grade A.
- 75% of A level results were A*-C (12% higher than 2019).
- 99% pass rate across all vocational subjects and over two thirds of students achieving high grades.
- 80% of subjects improved Higher Grades from 2019.
- Continued strong performance in a wide range of subjects. Stand out subjects include Computer Science, Maths, Chemistry, Physics, Social Sciences (Psychology and Sociology), Spanish, Physical Education & Sport, Criminology and Humanities (Geography, History, Politics, Philosophy and Classical Civilisation).
- Outstanding high grades achieved in the college’s unique offer of specialist subjects, including, Classical Civilisation, Film & TV, Further Maths, Games Design, Performing Arts and Politics.
- Celebrating the highest number of students progressing to some of the world’s most prestigious universities in over a decade, for example the University of Oxford, LIPA and Loughborough University.
- Continued T Level success – for a second year running, all T Level students have successfully achieved their qualification with 80% of students achieving the equivalent of higher grades A* to B.
- Technical education is thriving at the Sixth Form College contributing to developing the medical, healthcare, science and digital skills of the region. As part of their Industry Placement, all students have successfully completed over 315 hours at a range of local, regional and national employer partners including the University Hospital North Midlands Trust, Staffordshire Highways Laboratory and the Home Office.
- Outstanding STEM, Social Science and Humanities results, with 60% of students achieving the higher grades.
- Outstanding Computer Science and Digital T Level results with more than three quarters achieving higher grades.
congratulations to all!
College Principal, Mark Kent offered his enthusiastic congratulations to all students on their success. He commented:
“Congratulations to all our students who have been so positive and worked so hard to achieve their excellent results. Today, as our students stand tall with their A Level, vocational, and technical results in hand, we are reminded of the journey filled with dedication, late nights, and sheer perseverance. I am profoundly proud of each one of them for reaching this significant milestone. Today, we celebrate not just results, but the collective spirit of our Sixth Form College community.”
“With more than 50 academic, vocational , and technical courses studied, it is great to see that yet again as a college we have maintained our track record of excellence in A Level, Technical and Vocational education. We are proud to be the first College in the region to successfully introduce the new T Level programme.”
“The college is committed to giving all young people access to a top-class education and opportunities to progress and excel. Our priority remains to provide care and support to every young person so that they can achieve and progress to their full potential.”
“The progression of our students to employment, higher-level apprenticeships, Oxbridge, Medicine, and Veterinary Science Schools and other prestigious universities remains excellent.”
“The vast majority of our students will be pleased with their results and progression choices. We will also continue to support our students, providing them with access to our expert careers team. On results day, universities will be available in the building to offer advice and guidance.”
“Finally, I would also like to acknowledge the work and commitment of all the staff at the College, who have played a significant part in helping to prepare and support students in order that they achieve their full potential.”
I extend my deepest gratitude to our exceptional staff and ever-supportive parents, for without your unwavering commitment and belief, this success would not have been possible.