Results Day Survival Guide
Results Day is less than 24 hours away and although quite a lot of time has passed since you sat your last exam, it is time to make sure you are fully prepared for tomorrow and know what to expect.
Remember, you’re not alone, sixth forms and colleges across the UK will be handing out results to BTEC and A Level Students, so even though you may be feeling anxious or worried it’s good to know that you’re are not alone in feeling that way.
Now despite how you are feeling about Results Day, here are a few top tips to help prepare you for tomorrow.
- Don’t panic
Students can often get themselves in a bit of a muddle ahead of Results Day, often worrying about what will happen if they received an unexpected result. However, it is not the be all and end all, regardless of what happens, there will always be a variety of options to choose from whether you miss a few grades, or even do better than expected. So, stay positive and keep an open mind. After all, there is always more than one way to get to your destination (The SatNav always re-routes).
- Do your research
Find out what you need to do once you have collected your Results:
- Use UCAS’s Apply and Track will give you all the details you need if you have applied to university. https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/ucas-undergraduate-results
- If you are considering higher apprenticeships, you can speak to the Sixth Form College Careers Team or representatives from Newcastle College who will be based in the ground floor LRC during Results Day to offer advice and guidance on apprenticeships.
- If you have not quite got the grades you were hoping for, don’t worry, in the ground floor LRC during Results Day there will also be representatives from Staffordshire University, Keel University, University of Derby as well as the Sixth Form Colleges Degree Foundation Courses who will be offering advice on courses, clearing and your next steps.
Results Day can be quite overwhelming and require lots of energy. Especially when celebrating with friends and family, but you will also need your wits about you to contact universities to check all your plans for your next steps. It’s a good idea to do something you enjoy the day before and makes sure you get a good night’s sleep!
- Be Prepared
Make sure you know when to collect your results and where you need to go. You can collect your Results from the Sixth Form College from 9AM on Thursday 15th August 2019. As you arrive, members of staff will help to direct you where you need to go.
It may be worth bringing some essential items with you when you collect your results:
- UCAS tracking data and any correspondence details of your offers as well as contact details for the universities that you have received offers for
- A notepad and pen might be useful to jot down a few notes so that you don’t forget any information in all of the excitement
- Your mobile phone- fully charged- This is a big milestone I your life and parents and friends will want to know how you get on and of course take those important #SFCResults19 #SFCSuccess selfies!
- Enjoy the experience
Whatever the results, there are plenty of options open to you. You have worked incredibly hard over the last 2 or so years to get to this point, so enjoy and make the most out of the experience. Write on our memory wall, visit our media hub and even take a selfie with our Instagram frame!
There will be plenty of help and guidance on hand from local colleges and universities, Careers Advisors and the Sixth Form College’s Degree Foundation Courses so no matter what the outcome, know that there is always an alternative route to your destination.
If you are unable to collect your results tomorrow, the Sixth Form College is open Monday – Friday 9am-4pm to come in and collect them at a later date.
All that’s left to say is Good Luck class of 2019. We wish you all the best and we will see you tomorrow!