The T Level Transition Programme (Digital) is a new type of 16 to 19 study programme designed to develop the skills, experience, knowledge and behaviours to support successful progression onto a T Level in either Digital: Software Development, Infrastructure or Support Services.
It is targeted at students who are not yet ready to start a Level 3 T Level but have the potential to progress onto one following a tailored preparation programme. The T Level Transition Programme is a full-time study programme lasting up to a standard academic year in almost all cases.
Every T Level Transition programme has five key elements: diagnostic and guidance period, English and Maths skills development, work experience and preparation, introductory technical skills, pastoral support and personal development. The T Level Transition programme (Digital) will develop the introductory technical skills through a technical qualification at Level 2. It is expected that students will have GCSE Maths at grade 4+ in order to access this programme. GCSE English will form the basis of their English skills development.
In order to start on the T Level Transition programme (Digital), you must have grade 4+ at GCSE Maths, meet the College entry criteria for Level 3 Transition study, and also want a future career in the digital sector.
- The T Level Transition programme (Digital) is a programme of study that will prepare you for Level 3 study upon completion.
- You will develop the skills and attributes for a future career in the Digital sector.
- Work experience and pastoral support are integrated into the programme to help you prepare for working in a professional environment.
- The Digital sector of the economy and the world of work is growing, and offers a range of interesting and rewarding potential future careers
Studying the T Level Transition Programme (Digital) at the Sixth Form College gives you the opportunity to progress to the Level 3 T Levels in Digital. This could lead on to a degree, degree apprenticeship, or direct employment in a range of careers such as: Network Technician, Software Developer, IT Technician etc. Throughout the course, you will develop life-long learning skills.
- GCSE English: 100% exam
- Level 2 Technical Qualification: TBC
- Work Experience: Employer reference
Make your mark
How SFC will help you to boost your CV by developing your skills and qualifications…
During this course you will be:
- Working both as individuals and in collaboration with others in a range of situations.
- Studying the approaches of contemporary and historical artists from different cultures and their contribution to continuity and change in society.
- Developing a working vocabulary and knowledge of specialist terms relevant to chosen areas of study.
- Having visits from contemporary practitioners and the opportunity to visit galleries and exhibitions.