Apprenticeships and employment
Apprenticeships and employment with training are a popular option for our students.
To be successful you will need:
- To be committed to becoming an apprentice/finding employment.
- A current up to date CV – that you review regularly.
- Evidence of employability skills.
- Able to get a good quality reference from college or from your work experience placement/employer (if you have a part-time job). Remember attendance, good participation and engagement count for your future.
- We will support you in preparing a CV.
- We will help you prepare for interviews and improve your interview technique.
- We will make you aware of any relevant vacancies.
I have always had a strong interest in design and engineering, and the Futures Programme supported my journey onto a degree apprenticeship; for example, the employer guest speakers helped me to understand the different progression routes after university. I am now attending university one day a week and regularly working on a project in Glasgow.