The City of Stoke on Trent Sixth Form College is committed to equipping students with the knowledge, skills and attributes that they need to make informed decisions about their learning and progression into education, employment or training through a cohesive programme of careers education.
Students are supported through personalised information, advice and guidance that will enable them to build the confidence to take charge of their career development and effectively manage their own progression through learning and work.
We are committed to inspiring students to consider a broad and ambitious range of options to move them on to achieve their full potential.
The College’s Futures Coordinator is Sally Spencer.
All students will have the opportunity to:
- Access the Futures Zone during College hours; a dedicated Careers area staffed by a team of advisers & well stocked with careers information.
- Have a 1-1 appointment with a professionally trained impartial Careers and Progression adviser.
- Attend an annual HE event supported by UCAS/Universities
- Attend an annual Employability and Apprenticeship Week supported by local and national employers.
- Receive information & advice on applying to University, personal statements and preparing for the world of work such as CV support and mock interviews at key points of the year via the College’s tutorial programme.
- Explore undertaking high quality and relevant work experience or volunteering supported by the Work Experience Officer.
- Access information and resources from the internal Futures Zone MySFC site.