he Physical Education A-Level will appeal to those students who:
- Have a keen interest in sport and are regularly involved in performing or coaching.
- Want to develop knowledge and understanding of the scientific factors that underpin performance in physical activity and sport.
- Want to analyse, evaluate and improve their own sporting performance.
Scientific Principles of Physical Education
- Applied anatomy and physiology
- Exercise physiology
Psychological and Social Principles of Physical Education
- Skill acquisition
- Sport psychology
- Sport and society
Performance Analysis and Performance Development Programme
This course will provide an in-depth knowledge and understanding of a range of scientific and social principles of Physical Education
There is the opportunity to be assessed on your practical ability as a performer or coach
You will experience high quality and varied practical lessons in state-of-the-art facilities at Fenton Manor Sport Complex
Outstanding facilities – you will have access to physiology labs, nutrition labs, a state of the art fitness centre, a 33 metre swimming pool as well as 4G AstroTurf
Practical – 15%
Awarding Body: Pearson Edexcel
2017 Results: 100%
Where Courses Become Careers
A wide range of careers in sport including, nutritionist, physiologist, physiotherapist, teacher, fitness professional, sports development officer, outdoor education instructor, sports psychologist and sports coach.
Make your mark
How SFC will help you to boost your CV by developing your skills and qualifications…
- Studying PE develops students’ creativity through a range of practical experiences.
- Students will develop problem-solving skills in a range of practical and theoretical situations including the analysis of their own performance.
- Communication skills will be tested and developed through a range of practical learning experiences
- Sports Degrees are delivered by local and national universities. Achieving high grades on this course can get you places at top sports universities such as Loughborough, Birmingham and Bath.
Other courses on this pathway
- Applied Psychology (BTEC)
- Education (T Level)
- Football Coaching & Development (in association with Port Vale Football Club)
- Health and Social Care (CTEC)
- Psychology (A Level)
- Physical Education (A Level)
- Sociology (A-Level)
- Sport Coaching & Development (BTEC)
- Sport & Exercise Science (BTEC)
- Uniformed Protective Services (BTEC)