This course contains a range of units with a high level of flexibility. It will ensure that you develop the skills needed to get to and succeed at your next stage in life.
Sports Science is a growing area in sport as many athletes and clubs now employ sports scientists to increase progress and achievement.
The subject is quite diverse and includes a range of topics including Psychology, Anatomy and Physiology, Injury Prevention, Nutrition, Fitness Testing and Sports Coaching.
Our study suite of Find Your Feet tasks have been designed to give you a taster of college life and the work involved by each subject. We recommend that you complete this work so that you know what to expect in September and to help you to choose the right subjects. There is no limit on how many subjects you can try, so find your feet in our study suite.
- It is important to note that this work has no bearing on entry requirements and any work completed will not be marked or graded.
- It is not required for you to bring any completed work with you in September, however, we would love for you to share your hard work.
- It is a great platform to start your learning conversations with teaching staff and peers in September.
Download your (BTEC) Sport and Exercise Science Find Your Feet task here
BTEC Diploma (equivalent to 2 A-Levels)
BTEC Extended Diploma (equivalent to 3 A-Levels)
- Fitness Testing
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Sports Coaching
- Sports Injuries
- Technology in Sports Science
A diverse range of topics covered within the qualification.
Opportunities to develop work experience in your chosen area such as Physiotherapy.
Access to the best facilities in the region, including: physiology labs, nutrition labs, psychology labs, fitness centre, 4G AstroTurf and 33 metre swimming pool.
External Assessment: 42%
Internal Assessment: 58%
Awarding Body: Pearson Edexcel
2018 Results: 100%
Where Courses Become Careers
Studying this course could lead to higher education or directly into employment.
This course can lead to a range of sports science careers, such as: becoming a nutritionist, physiologist, sports coach, sports scientist, sports psychologist, sports therapist, physiotherapist or fitness professional.
Make your mark
How SFC will help you to boost your CV by developing your skills and qualifications…
Communication in practical sessions and through regular group work and presentations.
Development of a lifelong love of learning through a range of learning methods and mixture of practical sessions and theoretical lessons.
Other courses on this pathway
- Applied Psychology (BTEC)
- Education (T Level)
- Football Coaching & Development (in association with Port Vale Football Club)
- Health and Social Care (CTEC)
- Psychology (A Level)
- Physical Education (A Level)
- Sociology (A-Level)
- Sport Coaching & Development (BTEC)
- Sport & Exercise Science (BTEC)
- Uniformed Protective Services (BTEC)