- BTEC Extended Certificate
Topics you will study
- Dispute solving in the Legal System
- Understanding law making
- Aspects of legal liability
- Homicide and police powers
- Aspects of property offences
- Family Law
Progression Routes – What’s in it for me?
Those who study BTEC Law progress to higher education to study law, criminology and forensic science. Legal apprenticeships are also becoming a more popular route into the legal profession for students.
Assessment: Awarding Body:
Coursework – 100% Edexcel
Results 2016: 100%
- Law is an interesting and diverse subject that is ever-changing.
- Studying Law enables you to learn about many different areas of law such as law-making in England and Wales, no-fatal offences against the person, murder and family law.
- You will develop your independent and collaborative skills.
- The College has links with local universities who undertake workshops in developing your skills further to enable you to move into Higher Education or the workplace with confidence.
Stoke6th Graduate Attributes
How we will help you to boost your CV by developing your skills and qualifications…
There are many of the Stoke6th Graduate attributes that studying law help you to develop. These include resilience, independence, analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills. All of these skills would support you in your transition to higher education as well as the work place.
What our students say…
“The staff on the course are knowledgeable, the units enjoyable and the resources are detailed. All of this has helped me to succeed on the course.”