- BTEC Extended Certificate
Topics you will study
- Dispute Solving in Civil Law
- Investigating Aspects of Criminal Law and the Legal System
- Applying the Law
- Aspects of Family Law
Progression Routes – What’s in it for me?
Those who study BTEC Law progress to higher education to study law, criminology and forensic science. Legal apprenticeships are also becoming a more popular route into the legal profession for students.
Career options include: Armed Forces, Law, Policing, Business & Criminology.
Assessment: Awarding Body:
Coursework – 50% Pearson Edexcel
External Assessment – 50%
- Learn about the way the UK Legal system works
- Look at exciting topics such as Family Law and Homicide
- Opportunity to visit local courts and sit in the public gallery for real life cases
- Lots of exciting debates and roleplays as your assessments
- Find out about the careers available in Law
- Benefit from a variety of guest speakers, from local Magistrates to University professors
- Build up knowledge which is applicable across a range of varied career paths and is useful for everyday life
Stoke6th Graduate Attributes
How we will help you to boost your CV by developing your skills and qualifications…
There are many of the Stoke6th Graduate attributes that studying law help you to develop. These include resilience, independence, analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills. All of these skills would support you in your transition to higher education as well as the work place.
What our students say…
“The staff on the course are knowledgeable, the units enjoyable and the resources are detailed. All of this has helped me to succeed on the course.”