Topics you will study
- Speaking and Listening
- Wilfred Owen poetry
- Imaginative writing
- Spoken English Language
- Writing to Persuade
- Reading Media texts
- Writing for Purpose
- Reading for Meaning
Progression Routes – What’s in it for me?
GCSE English Language is a vital qualification for all careers. It is therefore essential for every student who has the ambition of undertaking higher education or employment to take this course if they do not yet have at least a grade 4.
Assessment: Awarding Body:
Exams – 100% AQA
Results 2016: 99%
- Develop your skills of writing for a variety of audiences and purposes.
- Lessons are varied, enjoyable and taught by experienced, creative teachers.
- Apply your analytical skills to a wide variety of texts form real-life speech and writing.
- English Language GCSE is required for any career path or progression route.
- Literacy and oracy skills are needed in every area of life.
Stoke6th Graduate Attributes
How SFC will help you to boost your CV by developing your skills and qualifications
The skills that you’ll learn on this course are widely applicable to many careers and university courses. To be able to affectively share your ideas and communicate with others are imperative skills that are essential for your future.
What our students say…
“I didn’t want to do GCSE, but it was so much better this time. I passed.”
“I came to the College from being home schooled, so I had not done GCSE before. They really helped me.”