Topics you will study
- Orchestral Music
- Jazz, Pop and Rock Music
- The Beatles
- Duke Ellington
Progression Routes – What’s in it for me?
Many students that study Music at college decide to continue their studies at university or Music College although some go straight into the Music industry after Sixth Form. If lucky, students can combine the two and gain employment in the industry post study at university.
Music is accepted by all universities for entry to read Music or as a support for other disciplines. Former students of Music have also gone on to be scientists, civil engineers, sound engineers,
journalists, doctors, radiologists, administrators, architects, mobile jingle writers… not to mention teachers and professional musicians.
Assessment: Awarding Body:
Exams – 40% Eduqas
Practical – 30%
Controlled Coursework – 30%
Results 2016: 100%
- Perform music
- Listen to music
- Analyse music
- Create music
Stoke6th Graduate Attributes
How we will help you to boost your CV by developing your skills and qualifications…
- You will learn to be resilient performers who enjoy learning and are willing to listen, learn and contribute to the development of ensemble and solo work.
- You will develop independence of thought and, where appropriate, social interaction through rehearsal and development.
- You will be able to contribute creative and innovative solutions to staging problems through numeracy and digital technology as well as through ICT.
- You will develop sophisticated literacy and oracy skills through the exploration of a variety of language styles and deliveries.
- You will learn to solve problems and present information logically whilst respecting and recognising other performers views, attitudes and cultures.
- You will understand the importance and necessity for performers to attend punctually and meet deadlines.
- By the end of the course, you will have developed the techniques and mind-set that will develop a lifelong love of learning and allow you access to future education, training or employment in the field.
What our students say…
“At the Sixth Form College you are given excellent chances to learn new music techniques, meet exciting new people and grow as a musician The Dance Studio is an amazing and well equipped learning environment. “