Analysing evidence from a crime scene; finding a cure for cancer; creating flavours for sweets or smells for perfume; restoring 500 year old paintings… None of these would be possible without Chemistry.
Chemistry is everywhere; it lies at the heart of all of these areas and many more.
If you love problem solving, hands on practical activities and have good analytical skills, then this is the course for you.
- Practical Skills
- Foundations in Chemistry
- Periodic Table and Energy
- Core Organic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry and Transition Elements
- Organic Chemistry and Analysis
- Challenging but rewarding—Strong mathematical skills are needed to access and make progress in much of the A Level Chemistry syllabus. As such, students wishing to study A Level Chemistry must study A Level Maths or A Level Mats (Fast Track) alongside.
- Not limiting—opens up progression routes in the fields of medicine, pharmacy, biochemistry and forensic science.
- Hands on—lots of practical activities—at least one a week in fully equipped university labs.
- Chemistry is a prized A level to have and is recognised as such by top universities
Exams – 100% (3 exams)
Awarding Body: OCR (Spec A)
96% pass rate for the last 2 years
20% Improvement in A*-C grades last year alone.
Where Courses Become Careers
Chemistry is an essential A Level to study for access to certain degree courses, such as Medicine, Veterinary Science and Dentistry.
The following are some of the other careers you could consider:
Archaeology, Biomolecular Research, Engineering, Finance, Forensic Science, Geology, Industrial Chemistry, Law, Pharmacology, Radiography.
Make your mark
How SFC will help you to boost your CV by developing your skills and qualifications…
Chemistry is interesting, challenging and rewarding. It will help you to develop many of the Stoke6th Graduate attributes and provide you with transferable skills to take with you in your chosen career.
You will have to work hard, have good attention to detail and enjoy solving problems.
The key skills which you will develop on this course include: resilience, problem solving, team work, communication and independence.
Other courses on this pathway
- Applied Human Biology (BTEC)
- Applied Science (BTEC)
- Biology (A-Level)
- Cambridge National Certificate in Creative IMedia
- Chemistry (A-Level)
- Computer Science (A-Level)
- Computing (BTEC)
- Digital: Production, Design and Development (T-Level)
- Further Mathematics (A Level)
- Mathematics (A-Level)
- Mathematics (GCSE)
- Physics (A-Level)
- Science Combined (GCSE)
- Statistics (A-Level)