What is the chance of winning the lottery? How quickly can a car stop?
You will study a core of mathematics modules which provide a solid background in Pure Mathematics. You will also study Statistics and Mechanics.
These applied parts of the course show you how to use mathematics to answer questions like the ones above.
Find Your Feet
Our study suite of Find Your Feet tasks have been designed to give you a taster of college life and the work involved by each subject. We recommend that you complete this work so that you know what to expect in September and to help you to choose the right subjects. There is no limit on how many subjects you can try, so find your feet in our study suite.
- It is important to note that this work has no bearing on entry requirements and any work completed will not be marked or graded.
- It is not required for you to bring any completed work with you in September, however, we would love for you to share your hard work.
- It is a great platform to start your learning conversations with teaching staff and peers in September.
Download your A Level Mathematics Find Your Feet task here
- Surds and Indices
- Series and Sequences
- Coordinate Geometry
- Correlation and Regression
- Newton’s Laws of Motion
- Differentiation and Integration
- Having an A Level in Mathematics is highly regarded by universities and employers.
- If you enjoy solving problems and puzzles you will enjoy this subject.
- You will open up doors for almost anything.
Awarding Body: Pearson Edexcel
51% A*-C grades last year.
25 students gained A*/A in each of the last 2 years
Where Courses Become Careers
Studying A Level Mathematics can lead to a wide variety of higher education courses or areas of employment.
Students can progress to careers in Economics, Medicine, Engineering, Architecture, Accountancy, Psychology, Geography, Finance, Computing and Information Technology or to courses where Mathematics will support their knowledge.
Make your mark
How SFC will help you to boost your CV by developing your skills and qualifications…
Throughout this course we work closely with local universities and each year our students have the opportunity to take part in the national competition ‘The Senior Maths Challenge’. We also encourage students to take part in other mathematics competitions locally and nationally to practice their problem solving skills.
The skills that you will improve through taking this course are highly valued by universities and employers. A mathematics qualification requires students to utilise problem solving skills in combination with logic. Through its application to problems you’ll improve your independence of thought. Your ability to effectively communicate your ideas and solutions will be enhanced and your resilience as a learner will also be improved.
Other courses on this pathway
- Applied Human Biology (BTEC)
- Applied Science (BTEC)
- Biology (A-Level)
- Cambridge National Certificate in Creative IMedia
- Chemistry (A-Level)
- Computer Science (A-Level)
- Computing (BTEC)
- Digital: Production, Design and Development (T-Level)
- Further Mathematics (A Level)
- Mathematics (A-Level)
- Mathematics (GCSE)
- Physics (A-Level)
- Science Combined (GCSE)
- Statistics (A-Level)